July 27, 2010

I'm not the only one who likes my garden

Didn't expect to see this from Jesse Hickey on Vimeo.


    Last night I decided to walk down the street and get a beer at the convenient store and enjoy it while I watched a movie with my wife. I know it's not Paleo but sometimes it's nice to have one and enjoy some down time, plus I don't make a habit of it. 
    Walking around our neighborhood I noticed that it seems like a good amount of our neighbors all have large gardens and tend to them very well. Having an organic garden seems to be one of the easiest things to do. Water nightly and weed on the weekends. It's about 15 minutes of work a day with plenty of rewards. This is our first run and it's going well. I look forward to making it more efficient and trying to grow other vegetables.
    On my return home from the convenient store I walk in our gate and look up to see a Doe standing in the middle of our yard enjoying our freshly grown lettuce. I was not expecting that at all. We live in the middle of a small town but I'd never expected them to venture that far into town. In a weird way I was pretty happy to see one.
   This morning I did Angie and had a new PR of 19:41. That was the first time I've done it in under 20min before. Maybe it was the deer awakening my hunter gatherer, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment